Setting Up Xavion with X-Plane
2. Connect your iPhone or iPad to X-Plane
Now let’s link Xavion to X-Plane!
- With Xavion installed on your iPhone or iPad, make sure your iPhone or iPad is connected to the same wireless network as the computer you run X-Plane on.
- In X-Plane, move your mouse to the top of the screen (causing the menu to appear). Click Settings, then Net Connections.
- In the Net Connections window, click on the iPhone/iPad tab.
- Check the box labeled “Send to Xavion.”
- Two text boxes will appear to the left of that checkbox, as seen in the image below. In the box on the far left (highlighted in orange in the image), type your iPhone or iPad’s IP address. (Firing up Xavion will give you this— in Xavion on your iPad, tap PREFS in the bottom right, then tap SYSTEM. Your device’s IP address is there.)
- At this point, X-Plane should be communicating successfully with Xavion, and you’re ready to fly.
If you’re having trouble getting Xavion to work with X-Plane, there are two things to check:
- Ensure you have the latest version of X-Plane.
- In X-Plane, move your mouse to the top of the screen (causing the menu to appear).
- Click on the About menu, then click About X-Plane.
- The version number should be 10.20 or later. If you have an earlier version, you’ll need to update X-Plane.
- Ensure your desktop/laptop is on the same network as your iPhone or iPad.
- To ensure there is no confusion, we recommend disabling all network connections on your computer except for the Wi-Fi connection. (On a Mac, you can do so by opening System Preferences and go to the Network section.)
- Check to make sure that your iPad or iPhone is connected to the same wireless network as your computer. You will know you have done this correctly when both the computer and your iPhone/iPad have an IP address that is the same except for the last number, typically. So, your computer might have an IP address of 192.168.0.50, and your iPad or iPhone might be 192.168.0.54, for example. (Again, you can find your iPhone/iPad’s IP address in Xavion, under the Diagnostic tab.)